- 1 cup Sprouted Quinoa
- 1 small Sweet Onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricot, small dice
- 1/2 cup Roasted, Salted, Shelled Pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Parsley, minced
- 1 Blood Orange
- 1 tablespoon (O Olive Oil and Vinegar) Orange Blossom Vinegar (or high quality Champagne vinegar)
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Salt
Rinse the sprouted quinoa. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Spread into a thin layer on a plate to cool quickly.
Sauté the onion in the olive oil, until translucent. Set aside to cool.
Segment and dice the blood orange, saving any juices that may accumulate. Mix together with the vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, mustard, honey and salt to make a vinaigrette.
Mix together cooled quinoa, onion, apricot, parsley, pistachio and the blood orange vinaigrette. Season with additional salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.