- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion minced
- 8 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Pounds Pork Tenderloin, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 10 (3 Cups) Green Chilies*, roasted, peeled and small diced
- 3-4 Tomatoes (about 3 cups), Chopped
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
Heat a pot over medium high heat. Add the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Add the pork. Cook until the pork begins to brown slightly. Stir in the flour. Cook, stirring for about 1 minute. Add the chilis, stir. Add the remaining ingredients.
Bring to a simmer and cook over low heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Season additionally with salt and black pepper to taste.
This chili is nice served with a little white rice, a warm flour tortilla and a dollop of sour cream.